Concealed Handgun Class
LPSO’s concealed carry class is designed to provide students with the requirements necessary to apply for and obtain a concealed carry permit. In addition to fulfilling the Louisiana State Police Requirements to apply for your permit, our Peace Officers Standards & Training Council (P.O.S.T.) certified Firearms instructors intend to provide students with adequate firearm handling skills and to ensure that they will be able to use firearms in a safe and confident manner. The course will consist of both classroom and weapons firing instruction. The extensive professional background of our instructors allows students to participate in interactive discussions and teachings involving “real world” experiences.
This class is required to apply for your Louisiana Concealed Carry License. Participants must be 21 year of age and meet the Louisiana State Police Requirements.
****Breakfast and Lunch will be provided by the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office.****
Louisiana State Police Requirements & criteria
Louisiana concealed handgun permit application packet
- Students are required to provide a firearm (semi auto handguns and revolvers are allowed, ex. 9mm, .40, or .45)
- Students will fire at least 36 rounds of ammo, and are encouraged to bring at least 50 rounds to class.
- Ear and Eye protection will be required from all students (soft plugs provided).
- A valid form of identification is required.
- No firearms allowed in classroom.
- Please come dressed in proper attire, no “revealing” or “obscene” clothing.
- Absolutely no alcohol permitted on property.